Tuesday, October 17, 2006

BELGIAN: An Oven-Baked Version of the Fry

I love how Jeff so easily forgets that I’ve made this recipe for him several times. “Wow! These are good! What do you call these?” he says. I even made these potatoes for TTR once.

1 ½ pounds or seven medium baking potatoes, peeled and cut into thin strips
1 TBSP canola or light olive oil
½ tsp garlic powder
¼-½ tsp paprika
¼ tsp salt

1. Preheat oven to 450°F.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl; toss well. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown.

From More Choices by Cheryl D. Thomas Peters

5 comments:

kayla said...

please make these for me sometime :) they sound delicioso :) i miss you!

Daniel said...

I used to sell More Choices when I was an LE. I liked the couscous asparagus recipe, needed some more seasoning, but good over all.

Angela said...

hello mysterious one. these potatos sound delish. i'm hungry. today is party day so we're eating out for religion class. i think i'll need me a snack. your potatos would be nice, but you're not here. why is that?!

maybe i'll read a book for a while. while eating something....

but what?

*sigh* work finished early today. we had two helpers yesterday and today and we finished! i could go, but i jaunt about the blogdom instead. like my new outfit? it reminds me of a dance we did once...

last night i dreamt i had curly hair.

that's all for now.

The International Chef of Mystery said...

I was surprised when I discovered so many good recipes in the More Choices cookbook. And I also found that several of the recipes need a double dose of the seasonings.

i am going crazy, angela, at the library. after all those months of struggling to find good and affordable books to read, i am in heaven.

and i am eating black bean chili for breakfast. i guess it's better than chocolate cake.

kayla said...

mmmmm...chocolate cake :) i know that this recipe for seasoned fries is easy enough that i could make it. now "could" and "will" are completely different things....i like to believe that i COULD cook if i tried. the truth is, i am too lazy!