Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Inspiration for Experimentation

After having seen Julie & Julia twice this weekend, I've been inspired to try something new with food. Friends and I discussed various world cuisines as we left the theater--which we like, which we don't like--and I decided to pick a country and spend a month learning about its food. So I'm going to spend September researching Saudi food, and I'll try cooking things like al-kabsa and sambousek (and eat my fill of falafel and hummus and baba ganoush). I've found two cookbooks and a few recipes online. My first task is to try making my own pita bread. I'll let you know if I find any of the recipes super delicious.

I have never been to Saudi Arabia, and at this point in my life, I don't know a single person from that country. Nevertheless, I think I will learn to love the food.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

I loved Julie and Julia! Definitely inspiring. Can't wait to see how it has inspired you!